This policy sets out why and how we collect Personal Data from you and how this is processed.
The term “Personal Data” describes identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, email address or mailing address.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Thrale Almshouse and Relief in Need Charity and the organisation ‘Housing for Women’, who manage our almshouses on a day to day basis, are identified as data processors (of any data held relating to Thrale almshouse residents).
Thrale charity number is: 225709
Company No. is: 7960096
The data referred to in this policy includes:
- Information we may collect from you. Thrale may collect, store and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms downloaded from our website www.thralealmshouses.org.uk or forms we may send to you relating to our RIN small grants programme or our almshouse accommodation. You may fill in forms sent to you by ‘Housing for Women’ (our almshouse managing agents) on our behalf or by corresponding with us or ‘Housing for Women’ by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number (or in the case of organisations such details relating to individual members of their staff).
Information we collect about you
This includes additional information we may request from you when you are a current grantee of the RIN programme or are a resident of one of our almshouses.
We may occasionally collect information from your organisation’s public Website/Facebook page/Twitter in connection with our RIN small grants programme- e.g to promote the organisations and groups we are funding, or to inform you or invite you to take part in an event.
The purpose for collecting, storing and processing Personal Data held about you may include the following:
to help meet our charitable aims to provide almshouse accommodation and to provide relief in need (RIN)
to help us properly manage the almshouse accommodation including processing eligibility information, collection of payments, application of policies and procedures, health and safety processes and so on
- to help us provide support to almshouse residents who may need it
- to provide and monitor our RIN grants to organisations or groups that apply to our small grants programme
- to notify you about changes to our charity or RIN or to the management of the almshouses
- to ensure we represent you or your group ethically, legally and well on our website
We will Only use ever your personal information for one or more of the above reasons
Where we store your personal data
Any personal data that we collect from you is stored in a password protected folder or locked filing cabinet.
Disclosure of your information
We will only ever share your data (other than with our housing managers), if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of almshouse accommodation or a grant ; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thrale Almshouse and Relief in Need Charity.
The new Data Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Upon receipt of your written request (assuming it contains enough information to allow us to identify your Personal Data) then we will disclose to you the Data we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or anonymise any Personal Data that is inaccurate. Any such request will be dealt with by Thrale without charge and within a period of 30 days.
Please note that any requests to anonymise Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
Of course, this may have implications for receiving a grant or an offer of a home, depending on the data concerned.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we ever intend to use your data for such purposes.
Access to information and corrections
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, our housing managers, RIN grantee groups or other affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
or by post to:
Data Protection Officer, Thrale Almshouse and Relief in Need Charity
c/o Housing for Women, Sixth Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Rd. London SW9 9SP